After a long, tiring week, I decided to pamper myself with some good homecooked food; something that’s warm and filling in this rainy and cloudy summer, and nothing too complicated. Hence, I made myself some stew; beef stew, to be specific. It is nutritious and absolutely non-fuss to make!
Beef slices (or lamb or chicken, depending on preference)
1 large onion roughly chopped)
Potatoes (4-5, peeled)
Tomatoes (cut in cubes)
Carrots (3-4, chopped)
Oregano (to taste)
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the chopped onions in a pot or pan. Add in the beef slices, fry until sauted.
2. Add in chopped potatoes, tomatoes and carrots.
3. Add in about 1 litre of water (varies according to quantities of ingredients, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about half an hour.
4. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
5. Lastly, turn off the heat. Add in the chopped coriander. Stir well and serve hot!
Difficulty : 4/10
Preparation time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes